Effective Date: October 25, 2023
Please note that this policy is not applicable to Personal Data collected offsite or through channels other than the SHYUI website. Additionally, it does not apply to practices of entities that FutureWave Group Inc. does not own or control or to individuals we do not employ or manage.
Contact Data: We collect Personal Data, including information that can directly identify you, which you voluntarily provide to us when you access or participate in activities on the Site or when you contact us. The Personal Data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the Site, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. We ask for Personal Data when it is needed to provide a service to you. The Personal Data you are asked to provide and the reasons for collecting it will be made clear to you when we request such information. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you send us, and any other information you choose to provide.
Personal Data may include one or more of the following:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
Sensitive Data: We do not process sensitive data.
Usage Data Automatically Collected
We may automatically collect certain data when you visit, use, or navigate the Site. This data, which may be collected directly or through third-party services, does not reveal specific identity information, but it may include device and usage data, such as IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, data about how and when you use our Site, and other technical data. This data primarily supports the security and operation of our Site, as well as our internal analytics and reporting purposes. While Usage Data is essentially anonymous when collected, it could potentially be used indirectly to identify a person.
- Log and Usage Data: This data includes service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information that is automatically collected when you access or use our Site and recorded in log files. Log data may comprise IP address, device data, browser type and settings, and data associated with actions on the Site, such as date/time stamps, viewed pages and files, searches, and other actions taken.
- Device Data: Device data originates from your computer, phone, tablet, or other device used to access the Site. It may include an IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration.
- Location Data: Location data, such as device location, can range from precise to imprecise. The extent of data collected depends on the type and settings of the device used to access the Site. We may employ GPS and other technologies to gather geolocation data based on IP addresses. You can opt out of this data collection by refusing access to the data or by disabling location settings on your device. However, opting out may limit your ability to use certain aspects of the Site.
Use of Personal Data
We use Personal Data for various purposes, including:
- to provide, operate, maintain, and protect SHYUI.com.
- to save or protect an individual’s vital interests.
- to find and prevent fraud.
- to notify you of changes to SHYUI.com.
- to send marketing and promotional communications.
- to deliver and facilitate the delivery of services.
- to respond to inquiries.
- to send administrative information.
- to provide customer care and support.
- to request feedback.
- to improve, personalize, and expand SHYUI.com.
- to understand and analyze how you use SHYUI.com.
If we intend to use Personal Data for any other purpose, we will ask for your consent and will use Personal Data only when consent is received, and then only for the purpose(s) for which consent is granted, unless required by law.
Legal Grounds for Processing
We process Personal Data when necessary and with a valid legal reason under applicable law, including but not limited to processing with consent, to comply with laws, to provide services, to enter into or fulfill contractual obligations, to protect your rights, or to fulfill legitimate business interests.
We will not transfer Personal Data to any third party without seeking consent, except in limited circumstances with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (“third parties”) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to perform the work. We have contracts in place with our third parties designed to help safeguard Personal Data. They cannot do anything with Personal Data without our instructions. They commit to protecting the Personal Data they hold on our behalf. We may share Personal Data for purposes such as email marketing, marketing agencies, and analytics.
We may need to share Personal Data for business reasons, including business transfers and with our business partners to offer products, services, or promotions.
Legal Requirements for Disclosure
We may disclose Personal Data in the following situations:
- to comply with applicable law, regulation, court order, or other legal process.
- to respond to claims that the use of the Site or Service violates any third-party rights.
- to protect against legal liability and defend the rights or property of FutureWave Group Inc.
- to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site.
- to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public.
We never sell Personal Data.
We retain collected Personal Data only for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service or until you request its removal. Certain information may need to be retained for longer periods, such as for record-keeping and reporting in accordance with applicable law or for other legitimate reasons like enforcement of legal rights and fraud prevention. Residual anonymous information and aggregate information, which do not identify you directly or indirectly, may be stored indefinitely. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process Personal Data, we will delete it, or, if this is not possible, we will securely store Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Transfer, Storage, and Security
Do Not Track
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications to inform websites that you do not want online browsing activities monitored and collected.
Links to Other Sites
Cookies and Web Beacons
We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor their child’s online activity. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under the age of eighteen (18). If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child under the age of 18 has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us, and we will take steps to remove that information.
In Canada, we adhere to the Federal Privacy Act, and we process Personal Data based on your consent. However, there are exceptional cases where we may process Personal Data without consent, such as situations involving vital interests, fraud detection, legal requirements, and more. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To exercise your data protection rights, including access, correction, and data erasure by email email@example.com or visit Write SHYUI.
EU and UK
In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR, we process Personal Data on several legal bases, including consent, contract fulfillment, legitimate interests, legal obligations, and vital interests. You have the right to access, correct, or delete your Personal Data, restrict processing, object to processing, and request data portability. Please contact us to exercise these rights by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Write SHYUI.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have specific rights, including the right to know what data is collected and request data deletion. You also have the right to opt out of data selling and non-discrimination. Please contact us to exercise these rights by email email@example.com or visit Write SHYUI.
Under the Colorado Privacy Act (CPA), you have various rights, including the right to be informed about data processing, access, correction, deletion, and opting out of specific data uses. Please contact us to exercise these rights by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Write SHYUI.
Under the Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA), you have rights similar to Colorado residents, including being informed about data processing, access, correction, deletion, and opting out of specific data uses. Please contact us to exercise these rights by email email@example.com or visit Write SHYUI.
Under the Utah Consumer Privacy Act (UCPA), you have rights similar to those of Colorado and Connecticut residents. You can request information, access your data, request deletion, and opt out of specific data processing. Please contact us to exercise these rights by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Write SHYUI.
The Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act provides certain rights to consumers. You can be informed about data processing, access your data, correct inaccuracies, request deletion, and opt out of specific data processing. Please contact us to exercise these rights by email email@example.com or visit Write SHYUI.
Australia and New Zealand
We adhere to the Privacy Acts of Australia and New Zealand. You have the right to access and correct your Personal Data. Please contact us to exercise these rights by email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Write SHYUI.